2017 Dallas Book Festival Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteers are essential to the 2017 Dallas Book Festival's success. Whether it's escorting authors, guiding visitors, working with children in the Kahn Pavilion or other fun and rewarding assignments, the Dallas Book Festival wants you to join the volunteer team. This page is designed to give you necessary volunteer information as well as general information about the festival. If you have any questions, please call 214-671-9206 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Author Registration and Escorts
Volunteers are needed to escort authors to panel discussions and throughout the festival.
- Assisting with author check in and hospitality at the festival
- Escorting authors to their program, panel discussion and book signing location
- Serving as an assistant to the author by performing simple errands such as providing refreshments and assisting with book signing
Volunteers are needed to assist authors in the book area. Books by many featured authors will be signed following authors presentations and available for purchase.
- Greeting visitors and authors
- Helping maintain traffic flow in the book signing tent
- Preparing and manage author signing areas
- Assisting with merchandise
- Welcoming guests to the festival
- Providing information, directions, maps and programs to attendees
- Answering festival-related questions
- Managing lost and found items
- Reporting emergency information or situations
Stage Crew (setup/takedown)
- Assisting with site set up and take down
- Assisting with transportation during the festival
- Delivering operational supplies (ice, programs, etc.)
- Assisting janitorial service with trash pick-up and disposal
- Preparing rooms before and after presentations
- Welcoming guests and introducing each scheduled program
- Taking attendance
- Monitoring late entrances, exits, door and hall noises
- Distributing and collecting evaluation forms and other materials at the end of each Helping out with trivia games
The Children's Center offers children's book-related activities, crafts, music and dance performances, storytelling and children's author presentations.
- Assisting in preparing supplies for crafts
- Distributing craft materials to children
- Assisting children with crafts
- Keeping area clean and organized
- Assisting performers and storytellers